Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer Blues

If I had to pick one word to sum up my summer (Haha, 'sum up my summer' is a fun phrase!!) it would be "BORING!!" I've been so gosh darn bored!! And I know people are always like "It's only boring if you make it..." in which case I obviously hate myself because I feel so bored about everything!!

Basically all of my friends are either on missions (how dare they!), at school, or so busy working I never see them. There is also the small group of friends, which I feel no longer wish for my friendship as whenever I call them they're always 'busy' and tend to forget to invite me to things! Those savages!! Oh well, people grow apart I suppose...

It's okay though, because I'm so busy with work and making money that I don't really notice. LIES!! My work HARDLY schedules me!! They decided that they were going to hire 15 new people this summer to make my life miserable and contribute to poor college students!! I've made only $800 since April!!! I'm so poor!!

My summer hasn't been all terrible... I do fun things every now and then with people. I'd say at least twice a week I do something worthwhile. But the time in between those things is so excruciatingly dull. I usually find myself home alone everyday with no friends able to hang out with.

Because this summer has been such a bummer I can't wait for school to start again. Maybe this sucky summer was a ploy to make me better appreciate school and learning. In any case I'm counting down the days till I'm too busy with school and friends to even remember what the meaning of 'boring' is!!

I have such a busy schedule set up! And since I'm rather bored and have nothing better to do, I shall share it with you! (Sorry, you'll live!)

On Monday and Wednesdays I have my Theater History class. It's a 3 credit class and it's taught by Dr. K who rocks my socks. Then I have Theater Improv (3 credits) with Professor Olsen, which I've heard is a really fun class and I'm rather not the best at Improv so it's a good choice for me. Then I have Institute D&C with Sperry, I don't really know what to expect about this but it's been awhile since D&C. Then I have my Ballroom dance company class (2), I made the Ballroom dance team and ironically I don't really know how to Ballroom dance, so I'm going to feel really dumb with all the people who know what they're doing, but this is going to be a lot of fun for me! Finishing it off with History (3) I hate history.

On Tuesday and Thursdays I have Biology (3) which I've heard is one of--if not THE hardest class on campus, I picked out a teacher who seemed to be better than the rest, but I won't know until class starts. I also have Biology Lab (1) on Thursdays only for like 2 hours and I think I'm going to die in that class. After that I have American Folklore (3) not to be confused with 'Forklore' which is what I referred to it as once. I really have no idea what to expect from that one.

Friday all I have is Friday Forum... we'll see if I actually decide to go or not, It'll depend on the week I'm sure. I'm pretty happy about having a rather clean Friday because that means I can leave at 3 pm on Thursday for home or whatever... it just sucks because I don't have a car and so finding someone who'd be able to take me home then will be hard.

You may have noticed my theater classes, this is due to my Theater scholarship. I have to take 2 theater classes a semester. Not only that but I HAVE to audition for all the plays. I'm kind of glad that I have something forcing me to audition now, because I ended up chickening out on all the plays last year, I only auditioned for the last one which I didn't make and then for the one act plays, which I did make. So now I've got something forcing me, so I can't chicken out!! Well the thing is, if I make any of the plays they are going to take up SO much of my time. Also if I don't make the plays I can be chosen to work as a tecky, so I'll have a lot of time taken up there too. All in all I don't think I'll be bored come school and I can't wait for it to start.

Well this has been rather all over the place and kind of pity-party-ish at the beginning, but mostly sarcastically bored. And besides, I can throw a pity-party if I want to... probably the only party I'll be invited to this summer anyways... ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment